Re: Need Help - Brother HL-2170W - not printing

On Feb 20, 6:54 am, "Scott B" <st...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I recently purchased a Brother HL-2170W wireless printer.
It took a while to configure, but I was able to establish connection.
I have two computers (desktop, laptop) both using a wireless connection
via a Linksys WRT54G router (WEP secured, DSL connection).

I can print from the desktop to the wireless printer.
However, I can't print from the laptop to the wireless printer.
The printer has been added to both printers (standard TCP/IP port).

First, I installed the printer to the desktop.
Then, when I installed the printer to the laptop,
it initially detected it and printed the 'network configuration,'
but when I try to print anything from any other program,
the document just sits in the printer queue.

Is there something I may have missed?
I am really confounded.
I searched on the Brother website (http://solutions.brother.com)
but I couldn't find anything relating to my situation.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled the driver.
I can print the settings, test page, font list via the
Web (192.168.100/admin/panel.html) and BRAdmin Light application.
But any other application will not print.
Please advise!

First thing is to always check the firewall settings and Internet worm
virus portection within the anti-virus software that you are using.

  • Re: Linksys WRT54G acts like a dumb hub, no DHCP or wireless capabilities
    ... laptop and the PC would lose connection with the router. ... Well, the results are the same: I can connect to the wireless network, ... but after about 10 minutes I will lose connection with the router. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Peer to peer wifi setup
    ... The desktop has a simple DSL connection to ... Verizon and a wireless adapter through which I want to give my laptop ...
  • Re: Trouble setting up a secure wireless network
    ... My current wireless status is that I am hooked up ... enable wireless encrption on the laptop. ... >> Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: ... >> Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection: ...
  • RE: unplug and power up dsl modem and router
    ... This is happening more to my wife's new Toshiba laptop running Vista than to ... power to the DSL modem and the wireless router, wait a few seconds, re-power ... the modem and router, wait 3 minutes then start Internet Explorer. ... Is the connection wired or wireless?, this can indicate a bad firmware or ...
  • Re: un solvable problem
    ... if you take the laptop to a free-wifi provider ... Wireless) and different locations ... firewall software might be blocking the connection to your mail server. ... I took the laptop out the next day and used Outlook but used it OFF ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)