New Kodak Printer questions

The $37 price of HP cartridges has me ticked.
I saw on TV where Kodak had a sell session, where they claimed one of their
printers had about the cheapest ink cartridges.
Does anyone here have knowledge, or tales, about the
Kodak EasyShare 5300, '3 in 1' printer?
Hate to go from the frying pan into the fire.

  • Re: Kodak ESP - any views?
    ... My wife and I both work from home, although we don't print massive amounts, I guess we get through a set of cartridges every 4 weeks or so - so at current prices that's a lot. ... I am thinking of buying a Kodak ESP7 with wireless networking to replace them both, does anyone have experience of Kodak printers or views on this? ... The cartridges are lasting at least twice as long as the Epsons did for me. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: New Kodak Printer questions
    ... I saw on TV where Kodak had a sell session, where they claimed one of their ... printers had about the cheapest ink cartridges. ... Kodak EasyShare 5300, '3 in 1' printer? ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: Information on the current state of Epson printers
    ... color ink cartridges are empty when they are not. ... I have found that apparently Epson printers such as this one uniquely ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: Making money from Java
    ... But ink cartridges cost an arm and a leg. ... Soon found out I was starting to buy lots of cartridges. ... Temps who go around retailers and replenish the Hallmark stands with fresh cards. ... They consistently get complaints from consumers about the cheapy printers - how quickly the "ink" is exhausted. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: req advice: best colour laser printer
    ... If you are printing relatively high coverage document keep in mind that the numbers most printers indicate are based upon 5% coverage per color, which is very low, and barely represents a page of text. ... Also, like all CMYK printers, to make come colors like red or green, blue, that coverage uses double the toner. ... That means such an image may use 8-14 times the amount suggested in the yield numbers at 5%, so a 1000 page yield cartridge may only get you about 70-120 one sided full sized photo prints per set of cartridges, and that can really get costly. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)