Re: Override HP Smart Chip on Toner Cartridges

How do I override the smart chip function on an HP 2600n? I want to be
able to use ALL the toner in each cartridge, not replace the cartridges
when the machine thinks it has printed enough from a given cartridge.

I have fooled around with the menus on the tiny little display panel,
and I don't see anything that looks like an override.

Thanks for any info.

mel

As you state, often these special setting or diagnostic setting can
defeat the lovely "features" the manufacturers provide for us,>
jabright@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

The solution I have just found, at least on the 4600, is to go into the
menus on the front panel and under the "Diagnostics" menu, select
"Disable Cartridge Check".

Art & John-

I also have the HP 4600, and have discovered the Disable Cartridge Check
feature.

It is handy when you desparately need to print something and can't wait
until the stores open to buy a new cartridge. However there is a price to
pay. At least on mine, photographs have poor color balance when the
feature is enabled.

Fred

  • Re: HP TONER OUT OVERRIDE 1600 2600 2605,
    ... toner coverage. ... cartridge "dry" shouldn't damage anything. ... The Cartridge Out Override feature allows the printer to continue using ... a cartridge that has reached the recommended replacement point. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: Half-full Expired Cartridge 2200se
    ... cartridge and the printer will not let me print using the expired ... Is there any way to override this error and finish using the ... Good luck! ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hardware)
  • Re: Epson R265 - aftermarket cartridges
    ... brand X will incorporate a "feature" into a cartridge that they will patent. ... The "feature" often does little to nothing, or actually is a deterrent to the ability to use 3rd party product, however, the firmware is written such that without that "feature" present in the cartridge, the cartridge is not recognized or will not install properly. ... the Measekite troll - permanently! ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: Epson R265 - aftermarket cartridges
    ... Taliesyn wrote: ... brand X will incorporate a "feature" into a cartridge that they will patent. ... The "feature" often does little to nothing, or actually is a deterrent to the ability to use 3rd party product, however, the firmware is written such that without that "feature" present in the cartridge, the cartridge is not recognized or will not install properly. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: Epson R265 - aftermarket cartridges
    ... brand X will incorporate a "feature" into a cartridge that they will patent. ... The "feature" often does little to nothing, or actually is a deterrent to the ability to use 3rd party product, however, the firmware is written such that without that "feature" present in the cartridge, the cartridge is not recognized or will not install properly. ... Imagine the food industry adding some chemical that would addict us to only their product and make us come back for more. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)