Re: HP #98 cartridge reset?

Bill wrote:

Inkjet wrote:

I recently refilled the HP #98 (C9364W) black ink cartridge for my HP-2575 printer. This was the first time it's been refilled. It prints fine now but the on-screen ink level estimator graphic no longer works for the black ink. I did some research and found this to be a common problem with many HP cartridges. I was able to find solutions for resetting the cartridge and/or printer for several other HP cartridge models but not the #98. Is there a way to reset it?

Unfortunately no...HP changed the way ink levels are stored. Earlier
models like the HP 56/57/58 carts could be reset by rotating three carts
through the printer since they could only remember two at a time. You
could also use tape over the contacts to reset the levels.

The newer carts like the 95/96/97 retains the ink level inside a chip in
the cartridge and there is no known way to reset it.

that is good

You just have to
ignore the low ink warnings and remember to refill before it runs dry.
It will still work fine, you just won't have proper ink level readings.

  • Re: All your rights are belong to us.
    ... What license is this? ... They don't want you to use anything to get round their cartridge level ... full ink level once the cartridge has been refilled. ... refill a cartridge at home than either bin it or send it off ...
    (uk.misc)
  • Problem filling an new HP97 cartridge
    ... I recently purchased a new HP97 tri-color cartridge (for HP Deskjet ... Unfortunately the ink level ... registered empty before I got around to refill it. ... I suppose that if I refilled it before it registered empty, ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: Ink levels in hp printer 5650 refilled 56 cartriges
    ... have refilled it according to the refill manufacturer's instructions, including removing the top label over the fill holes. ... The printer and cartridge work fine, but the printer assistant from hp tells me the cartridge is not inserted correctly or that I need a new cartridge. ... Also the ink level in the cartridge which has been just refilled is almost empty, which it is not.How do I get the printer assistant to reflect the correct ink level, and why the other message if it is not a shill to buy a new hp 56 cartridge? ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: Problem filling an new HP97 cartridge
    ...  Unfortunately the ink level ... registered empty before I got around to refill it. ... respond to nozzle test, cartridge cleaning, etc.   ... I suppose that if I refilled it before it registered empty, ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: Ink level reset for HPF380
    ... cartridge, cover a contact of the print head, then put the cartridge in the ... to reset the ink level? ... MS MVP Printing/Imaging ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)