Re: HP #98 cartridge reset?

Bill wrote:
Inkjet wrote:

I recently refilled the HP #98 (C9364W) black ink cartridge for my HP-2575 printer. This was the first time it's been refilled. It prints fine now but the on-screen ink level estimator graphic no longer works for the black ink. I did some research and found this to be a common problem with many HP cartridges. I was able to find solutions for resetting the cartridge and/or printer for several other HP cartridge models but not the #98. Is there a way to reset it?

Unfortunately no...HP changed the way ink levels are stored. Earlier
models like the HP 56/57/58 carts could be reset by rotating three carts
through the printer since they could only remember two at a time. You
could also use tape over the contacts to reset the levels.

The newer carts like the 95/96/97 retains the ink level inside a chip in
the cartridge and there is no known way to reset it. You just have to
ignore the low ink warnings and remember to refill before it runs dry.
It will still work fine, you just won't have proper ink level readings.

Maybe someone will come out with an HP chip resetter like the Epson cartridges. Do the HP 90-series cartridges expire at some date and stop working regardless of their ink level?

  • Re: [opensuse] 10.2: YOU resets /root/ permissions?
    ... The cartridges are opaque and the printer itself only ... line ink level function, appends the answer to a file, and goes to ... Please note that this script is hardcoded for my printer and the ... import string ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Epson cx4200-ink cartridges not recognized
    ... I have put each of the 12 cartridges I have in the printer ... the printer and they are recognized and show appropriate ink levels. ... big red X is shown over each color of ink level indicator. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: HP #98 cartridge reset?
    ... It prints fine now but the on-screen ink level estimator graphic no longer works for the black ink. ... I was able to find solutions for resetting the cartridge and/or printer for several other HP cartridge models but not the #98. ... Is there a way to reset it? ... ignore the low ink warnings and remember to refill before it runs dry. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: How can I reset the ink cartridge/ink level so the printer............
    ... cmos battery and if I remove it and put it back in it will reset my ... I'm using generic brand cartridges and knew how to reset the ... cartridges, but I can't find the web sight that had pictures. ... the printer's ink level checker will show full. ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hardware)
  • Re: Epson cx4200-ink cartridges not recognized
    ... Jan - new cartridges from Epson didn't work either. ... the printer and they are recognized and show appropriate ink levels. ... big red X is shown over each color of ink level indicator. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)