Re: HP Error message - PSC950

"SidKnee" <yza82REMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:FSeSe.81$Aa1.76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I have a HP PSC 950 which uses to cartridges the HP15 and the HP78. I have
>just bought 2 new remanufactured (from 2 different suppliers). And keep
>getting the following error message:
>
> INCORRECT COLOUR CARTRIDGE INSTALLED.
>
> Can anyone guide me as to what the problem may be. If I put in the original
> OLD HP Cartridge then its ok (but obviously cannot print in colour.

The problem is you have bad cartridges. Return them for a refund or
replacement. You may be able to clean the contacts as shown at:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpa02060.

Also see the following third party lab test on remans at:
http://www.hp.com/sbso/product/supplies/supplies_reliability_ink.pdf, pages 12
and 13.

Regards,