Re: HP Error message - PSC950

"SidKnee" <yza82REMOVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:FSeSe.81$Aa1.76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I have a HP PSC 950 which uses to cartridges the HP15 and the HP78. I have
>just bought 2 new remanufactured (from 2 different suppliers). And keep
>getting the following error message:
>
> INCORRECT COLOUR CARTRIDGE INSTALLED.
>
> Can anyone guide me as to what the problem may be. If I put in the original
> OLD HP Cartridge then its ok (but obviously cannot print in colour.

The problem is you have bad cartridges. Return them for a refund or
replacement. You may be able to clean the contacts as shown at:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpa02060.

Also see the following third party lab test on remans at:
http://www.hp.com/sbso/product/supplies/supplies_reliability_ink.pdf, pages 12
and 13.

Regards,

  • RE: Black ink wont print, color fine
    ... Tried it, it acted like it was printing, no error message, but the paper was ... > Remove the black ink cartridge and then try to print a black only document. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: HP Officejet v40xi gives constant error message: Remove & Check Black Cartridge
    ... "Remove and Check Black Cartridge". ... > When it gives the error message and I then cancel the print job... ... When you cancel and try again, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Laser Printer Wont Print
    ... Can you determine what is generating the error message you are seeing (is it from the printer driver, the OS, the printing program)? ... Most printers which actually monitor toner cartridge levels also have a software tag in the driver or a indicator lamp on the printer that will flash to inform the user of the problem. ... I would tend to look elsewhere for this particular issue, You may wish to check your manual or check the Konica/Minolta website for a manual to read, which might explain the possible causes for the error message you received. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • HP Officejet v40xi gives constant error message: Remove & Check Black Cartridge
    ... "Remove and Check Black Cartridge". ... When it gives the error message and I then cancel the print job... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: USB printing help!
    ... paper jam or a problem with a print cartridge. ... Read the error message that explains the problem and its solution. ... Check the status of the printer by using the printer tools. ... Make sure you have the correct printer cartridge installed in the correct ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)