Re: difference between vxworks 6.6 6.7 and 6.8

You should be able to find some relevant information via www.windriver.com
(use the search box).

For VxWorks 6.6: http://www.windriver.com/products/product-overviews/General-Purpose-Platform-overview.pdf

For VxWorks 6.7: http://www.windriver.com/products/product-overviews/PO_VE_3_7_Platform_0109.pdf

For VxWorks 6.8: http://www.windriver.com/products/product-overviews/PO_VE_3_8_Platform_1209.pdf

Not everything is listed on those documents though... What you really
want are the release notes but you probably need to be registered to
OLS to get them. Here is what comes to mind:

- VxWorks 6.6: Symmetric Multiprocessor (SMP) support
- VxWorks 6.7: VxWorks Source Build (VSB) and Overlapped Virtual
Memory for RTPs, as well as AMP support
- VxWorks 6.8: this is an "enhancements" release. Many enhancements
in many areas.

Cheers,

--
PAD

  • Re: difference between vxworks 6.6 6.7 and 6.8
    ... For VxWorks 6.6:http://www.windriver.com/products/product-overviews/General-Purpose-P ... ... Memory for RTPs, as well as AMP support ...
    (comp.os.vxworks)
  • ppc850 sdram byte ordinary error after relocation
    ... I used an SDRAM driver which works normally in VxWorks. ... I read the memory address. ... MSR register is 0x1002 and DC_CST register is 0. ...
    (comp.os.linux.powerpc)
  • Re: track memory allocation
    ... Dickson dickson@xxxxxxxx for a 68K architecture system: ... I think that Johan also put notes on replacing the allocator with Doug ... and use them to track memory use. ... SeaWeed systems offered a memLib replacement for vxWorks. ...
    (comp.os.vxworks)
  • Re: Slow vxWorks boot - shared memory related?
    ... We've used the vxWorks shared memory routines to implement much of our application. ... Being at the latter stages of our project's implementation phase, ... unacceptably-long delay that occurs between then and when the ...
    (comp.os.vxworks)
  • Re: Another task trying to memPartFree my bss memory area
    ... I am not sure if the task on image3.bin somehow corrupts the memory ... (image3.bin is loaded onto working memory of image1.bin). ... guessing that you are using loadable modules and not fully executable ... images (like a bootloader and an application vxWorks). ...
    (comp.os.vxworks)