Re: [9fans] Mail configuration
- From: quanstro@xxxxxxxxxxxx (erik quanstrom)
- Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:02:49 GMT
distribution; the file tree is slightly different[..]
than the standard upas/fs (more faithful to imap).
It downloads pieces of the message as it
needs them, so if you have big attachments,
they don't get downloaded until you ask for them.
I used this setup for a few years against a dovecot
imap server. It does not work against the
gmail imap server, because gmail imap
will not serve the full mime tree of the message;
it only gives you the raw message bytes.
(n)upas/fs imap4 client uses the body<n.m> syntax
to download blocks from the message. this technique
also works on gmail. however, gmail lies about message
sizes so there's a bit of extra work.
Messages saved with the Save command
go into imap folders, not local files.
cool. (n)upas lacks this ability, but has the framework
for adding it. it would take a little work to figure out
how to handle defaulting to the imap server or
to another folder. the folder selection code is
- Prev by Date: Re: [9fans] Calling vac from C
- Next by Date: Re: [9fans] Mail configuration
- Previous by thread: Re: [9fans] Mail configuration
- Next by thread: [9fans] tlssrv and tlsclient