Re: How to ignore laptop's LCD display?

On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 00:02:16 UTC, Rich Wonneberger <Turtil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you power up the laptop with the top closed doesn't it use the
external display?
Do you have a docking bay? Same idea.
If the power button is not external, power it up then shut the top?

Using a docking bay and the lid closed, after eCS boots, the external
monitor is black (which is different than no signal - which my monitor
tells me about). When I open the lid, I get a display on the monitor.
When I close the lid, the monitor goes black.

When I do get a display, it is a subset of full screen (which can be panned).
---
Fred J. Tydeman Tydeman Consulting
tydeman@xxxxxxxxx Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (775) 358-9748 Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.

  • Re: No VGA Input (was: Re: [opensuse] WARNING! - Latest Update Kills Server)
    ... All that I do get is "No VGA Input" and "Monitor going to ... No display. ... power for 20 seconds & reconnected power. ... Reseat all components, RAM first, than all cables you can see. ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] Re: No VGA Input
    ... All that I do get is "No VGA Input" and "Monitor going to ... No display. ... power for 20 seconds & reconnected power. ... Reseat all components, RAM first, than all cables you can see. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: curious laptop behaviour
    ... I rebooted it several times from various power outlets with ... So I plugged a monitor in to the VGA port ... Im weary of even turning it off at this point. ... I have had the laptop get confused and think that the external display was the primary display. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: turn off monitor while downloading files (Vista)
    ... If I download files, it never turns off the display ... Well I am currently traveling and I don't have my external monitor with me to switch too and then manually shut it down. ... I can't use the Windows Power Management because it doesn't always work on this Gateway MX6124 laptop. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Display
    ... booting and CD, Floppy lights and DVD also show function. ... Why was the monitor off? ... In control panel under power options in the advance tab under power ... When I turn on the monitor, computer it doesn't show the display on ...