Re: Figuring out the correct gamma?

On Sun, 4 Sep 2011 06:27:27 UTC, Dave Yeo <dave.r.yeo@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I've just swapped my CRT monitor for an LCD one and it looked terrible.
I started playing around in Snaps gactrl program adjusting the gamma and
currently am at 0.5 which is close to what I'm used to.
Is there a good method of figuring out the correct gamma besides trial
and error?
Dave

Hi Dave,

Did you check the manual for your monitor because most new monitors
have several preconfigured colour temperature settings. I would try
those before doing much with the gamma correction in Snap driver.

ivan

  • Re: Figuring out the correct gamma?
    ... I started playing around in Snaps gactrl program adjusting the gamma and ... Is there a good method of figuring out the correct gamma besides trial ...
    (comp.os.os2.setup.video)
  • Re: Figuring out the correct gamma?
    ... I started playing around in Snaps gactrl program adjusting the gamma and ... Is there a good method of figuring out the correct gamma besides trial ...
    (comp.os.os2.setup.video)
  • Figuring out the correct gamma?
    ... I started playing around in Snaps gactrl program adjusting the gamma and currently am at 0.5 which is close to what I'm used to. ...
    (comp.os.os2.setup.video)
  • Re: Color Management Discrepancy
    ... Isn't Adobe Gamma supposed to make my monitor color space the same as ... > Windows RGB? ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)
  • Re: whats happening with xorg?
    ... this with the Gamma entry in the Monitor section of xorg.conf. ... I'll try the "Gamma" entry in my Monitor section with my G450. ... I'll try your xgamma -gamma 2 suggestion, ...
    (freebsd-questions)