Re: Duplicate Name exists on the Network

Sir:

R. G. Newbury wrote:
<snip>
then run the Peer
install/configure program, to make it happy with the new code. If you don't run (install) the updates for Peer, the configure program will remove part of the MPTN updates (you'll know that this is happening when it asks for the Warp 4 cd).

And I don't know what you are referring to when you say 'Peer install/configure'.. I've never had that program. I have the TCPIP notebook (now a Java program) and the MPTS 'Network Adapter and Protocol' configuration program... the only other thing I have is Lan Server Administration....()which is part of the bit which is munged..)

It is <root>\IBMLAN\INSTALL\LANINST.EXE, or the wps object is (on my MCP2 system) \desktop\os/2 system\system setup\install/remove\OS/2 LAN Services Installation/Configuration. IF you have not updated the Peer, it will be called Peerinst.exe. If you have both, delete Peerinst.exe. By updating Peer I do mean installing IP8414, which is the last Warp 4 Peer fixpack, I believe. Double check at Oliver Rick's web site: <http://www.warpupdates.mynetcologne.de/>
--
Bill
Thanks a Million!

  • Peer Logon Problems-HELP!
    ... I've been trying to get OS/2 peer networking set up in my home for over a year now with no success. ... I want to be able to access files/printers on the desktop while running OS/2 from 2 laptops running WinXP and connecting through a wireless router to which is connected a cable modem. ... In a fit of pique I uninstalled all network support and TCP/IP 4.3on the desktop that has OS/2. ... I then ran Install from my MCP4.51 CD ...
    (comp.os.os2.networking.misc)
  • Re: Peer Logon Problems-HELP!
    ... I uninstalled Peer and reinstalled it along with an uninstall/reinstall of TCP/IP 4.3. ... After much searching and reading I found a newsgroup thread taht suggested that the Peer setup bothches things if the default values are changed. ... So I ran the install from the directory and went through the configuration. ... I want to be able to access files/printers on the desktop while running OS/2 from 2 laptops running WinXP and connecting through a wireless router to which is connected a cable modem. ...
    (comp.os.os2.networking.misc)
  • really pleased with sbs2k3
    ... was newbie having only run peer to peer stuff and all self taught. ... read carefully and did trial install. ... learnt from earlier mistakes, joined unused ... minor victories every day, fixed antivirus crash, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Undo Media Player 10.0
    ... "Oh No" by "Tami" in Windows Media Player. ... > Add/Remove Programs was the first place I looked? ... > A Peer in Peer to Peer Support ... Or you could do a repair install of XP, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.music)
  • Re: Wheres my networks folder?
    ... That's when I discovered that my Connections Folder has no Networks Folder within. ... This usually means that you need to run an update of Peer program. ... Run peer install in \System Setup\Install/Remove\Peer Install & Configure. ...
    (comp.os.os2.networking.misc)