Re: Making a 1:1 copy of a CD in CD-Creator

Sir:

Stan Goodman wrote:
I want to make a 1:1 backup copy of an existing CD. CDRECORD2 is installed in the system and works (it has burned disks), and CDDAO.EXE is present. CD-Creator is also installed.

Opening the "1:1" oject of CD-Creator, I see that the burner and its location are correctly identified on both the source and target lines, as "0,1,0 : 'TOSHIBA ' 'CD/DVDW SD-R5372'", but the driver lines are empty in both cases. These, according to the documentation, are determined on pages 2
and 3 of the CDRDAO tab in the CD-Creator settings notebook.

On both pages the burner and its location are again correctly given. What is
in the Driver field is "Sony CD-RW CRX 160E". I have no clue if this is the right driver, but assuming it is, why isn't it known to the 1:1 object's set
up screen? More importantly, how do I get it there?

I believe that you have a modern DVD burner/player. If so, then you should open the list box (the down arrow to the right side) and select generic mmc as your driver. Same is true for modern CD burners/players. So unless your device is one of those listed (the exception list), that is what you should do.
--
Bill
Thanks a Million!

  • Re: adprep failure, adding 2003 R2 x64 server to 2000 domain Optio
    ... Performing upstream analysis. ... Performing downstream (of target) analysis. ... administrator to install the driver before you ... Event String: The printer could not be installed. ...
  • Re: WDDM Driver Vidpn implementation.
    ... and sits on top of the graphics driver. ... 3.Source mode sets and target sets for each path ... That thread does a lot of VidPn creation, ... > DxgkDdiIsSupportedVidPn? ...
  • Re: CE 6.0 Networking Problems
    ... told by our Network admin that is correct as well and is controlled by the ... This is a 3rd party driver from SMSC so it's probably some configuration. ... and my target gets 10.7.236.13. ... Right now I am simply trying to ping my device but am not having any ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: CE 6.0 Networking Problems
    ... Paul T. ... This is a 3rd party driver from SMSC so it's probably some configuration. ... and my target gets 10.7.236.13. ... Right now I am simply trying to ping my device but am not having any ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: Hardware driver on xPC Target
    ... there is no way for a target application to load one. ... is an IO base and another is a memory base. ... xPC Target Development ... > My only problem is the hardware driver for the PCI card. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)