Postgraduate Summer School on CSIS 2007 - CFP: 15 June (Lisbon, Portugal)
Apologies for cross-postings. Please send to interested colleagues and
-- CALL FOR PARTICIPATION - Deadline for applications extended: 15
Postgraduate Summer School on Computer Science and Information Systems
Lisbon, Portugal, 3 to 7 July 2007
parallel with IADIS Multi Conference on Computer Science and
Lisbon, Portugal, 3 to 8 July 2007
* Who can apply?
The summer school is open to all participants enrolled in a PhD or
doctoral course or in a master degree course, or recently having
completed their postgraduate degrees in a higher education
institution. There will be two classes, one with doctoral degree
students and another with master students.
* Candidates for the summer school are expected to
- hold a master or baccalaureate degree in the areas of computer
science or information systems for or an appropriate degree for the
Summer Schools areas,
- have a previous knowledge in at least one area of the keynote
lectures or the areas covered by the MCCSIS conference,
- demonstrate their ability to work in the field as researcher /
The application process is governed by the rules determined and
approved by the organizing committee of the summer school. The
evaluation of the applications will be guaranteed by the organizing
committee. The organizing committee will select the most promising
candidates among the applicants.
* Format of the Summer School
The Summer School will be held in conjunction with the Multi-
conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (MCCSIS 2007).
The registration fee from the Summer School will give access to:
- Session on research methods;
- Session on the candidate's doctoral or master projects analysis and
- Keynotes from the conference keynote speakers in the selected areas
(more than 14 confirmed until now);
- Technical sessions from the MCCSIS conference;
- Tutorials from the conference (to be announced).
* How to apply?
Applications following the rules specified on the application form
should be sent through http://www.mccsis.org/school .
* Important dates
Submission of Application extended - until 15 June 2007
Notification of acceptance - until 22 June 2007
Registration - until 29 June 2007 (accepted candidates are kindly
asked to register as early as possible but no later than the given
Postgraduate Summer School - 3 to 7 July 2007
IADIS Secretariat - Postgraduate Summer School on Computer Science and
Information Systems 2007
Rua Sao Sebastiao da Pedreira, 100, 3
1050-209 Lisbon, Portugal
Web site: http://www.mccsis.org/school
* Scientific Advisors
Miguel Baptista Nunes, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
Piet Kommers, University of Twente, The Netherlands
Nian-Shing Chen, National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan
Antonio Palma dos Reis, ISEG - Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Prev by Date: CFP: WWW/Internet 2007 - Portugal
- Previous by thread: CFP: WWW/Internet 2007 - Portugal