Converting Roland .rsc/.rsd files to midi

Hi,

I have a Roland JW-50 keyboard, and I have been searching for ways to
convert Roland files to midi (I realize that the JW-50 has a build-in
option to save in midi format, but it doesn't always work for me). I
saw some posts describing a program called "Roland V-MT Visual Music
Tutor", but all I found was a trial version that will not let you save
files.

So I looked at the .rsc and .rsd files and managed to make a program
that converts the files to .mid.
My program is still very much a beta version, and I have only tested
it on files from my JW-50.
At the moment I've only made a Linux version of the convertion tool,
but I can easily convert it to Windows if necessary.

If you are interested, send an email to asgerix at hotmail dot com.

Regards,
Asger Grunnet

  • Re: NIs Akoustik [sic] vs Synthogy Ivory .... comments?
    ... A typical 'stream' of MIDI commands that would go through a wire could be: ... So with Cubase, you will be able to play the Akoustik or Ivory, but you can also record these instruments and create arrangements. ... And here I thought I made decent progress with the external Roland synth attachment [which works very well with the computer not even necessary! ... Digital piano MIDI out to Roland synth MIDI IN, the speakers and one is in business!] but the world of "soft-synth" [and its mandated requirements 'except' ...
    (rec.music.makers.piano)
  • Re: New (72!) kid
    ... I see I could get a Roland ... MIDI accordion for the price of a small real Italian accordion. ... but the keyboard feel turned me off. ...
    (rec.music.makers.squeezebox)
  • Re: Fa ,sale or trade , Fx processors Synths
    ... I would like to purchase your Yamaha MCS2. ... Synth's and Samplers ... Roland MKS-80 Super Jupiter - Sale Pending ... 360 Systems Midi Bass ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Does anyone here do live solo guitar/singer gigs using sequencing/MIDI? What is the best way?
    ... -->tying it all together using MIDI and sequencing like Keyboard ... Since you don't want to invest in a laptop, ... around for a Roland 800 Real Time accompaniment unit or any similar ... unit like the Roland RA95 that can play back MIDI disks (both no ...
    (comp.music.midi)
  • Re: NIs Akoustik [sic] vs Synthogy Ivory .... comments?
    ... A typical 'stream' of MIDI commands that would go through a wire could be: ... " and therefore the first thing I fell into was the more simplified 'external' synth and that's how the Roland JV1080 first came into the picture. ... Basically, the computer itself can be totally bypassed with MIDI cable from the digital piano "OUT" MIDI slot to the Roland JV1080 MIDI "IN", a set of 'powered' speakers tapped into the Roland 'Mixer' L/R 1/4" slots, the phones into the Roland [NOT the digital piano! ... This is why I was surprised to read that 'Ivory' worked only within a sort of mother program, so to speak, whereas 'Acoustik' was a stand-alone and could work on its own. ...
    (rec.music.makers.piano)