Deferred: Input/output error [MS Exchange]
- From: Alexander Yegorov <alex.yegorov@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 06:33:25 -0700 (PDT)
I would like to share my experience with resolving following error in its certain incarnation:
----- Transcript of session follows -----
451 4.4.1 reply: read error from mail.hsrpro.com.
<someaddress@xxxxxxxxxx>... Deferred: Input/output error
After I have released recompiled version of Sendmail into production few weeks ago, intermittent issue with email delivery to some recipients from our SMTP servers started occurring.
We have traced the issue to MS Exchange, specific versions we had troubles with are : 6.0.3790.4675 and 6.0.3790.1830
New compilation of sendmail binary was done with openssl 1.0.1, when I have reverted back to 0.9.8u - communication error with MS Exchange vanished.
I clearly understand that there is no Sendmail guilt in that, it works with openssl-1.0.1 perfectly. Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who encounters with the same issue, since I have spent few days thinking of what could it be before actually went to solution.
- Prev by Date: Stats comp.mail.sendmail (last 7 days)
- Next by Date: Re: help diagnosing smtp auth problem
- Previous by thread: Agora você vai ganhar dinheiro com suas compras!!
- Next by thread: gmail anti-spam quirk ?