Re: Skipping queue run -- load average too high

On Mar 6, 11:38 am, Andrzej Adam Filip <a...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Packet Paul <pborgh...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Every message submitted to sendmail is queued with the status:
status=queued

The log file shows:
Mar 6 11:13:20 lists sendmail[20286]: runqueue: Skipping queue run --
load average too high

But the sendmail.cf configuration is:
# load average at which we just queue messages
O QueueLA=99

# load average at which we refuse connections
O RefuseLA=200

and the load is way under 99!

Why are the messages being queued when the load average is below 99?
Why is the queue run skipped?

I realize 99 is an absurd number, I am just testing.

Request single queue run with shouldqueue tracking:
sendmail -q -d3.30

As far as I can see the message you report is generated by
run_work_group function in queue.c file based on result generated by
shouldqueue function.

--
[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : a...@xxxxxxxxxxxx : a...@xxxxxxxx
Open-Sendmail:http://open-sendmail.sourceforge.net/

Here is the response:

[root@lists ~]# sendmail -q -d3.30
getla(): 12.85

so it looks like load average is 12.85 which is far below the
configured load average of:
# load average at which we just queue messages
O QueueLA=99

# load average at which we refuse connections
O RefuseLA=200

So why is sendmail refusing to run the queue and ignoring the
configuration of QueueLA=99?

  • Re: Skipping queue run -- load average too high
    ... # load average at which we just queue messages ... Why is the queue run skipped? ... Have you restarted sendmail daemon after changing sendmail.cf? ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: Skipping queue run -- load average too high
    ... # load average at which we just queue messages ... configured load average of: ... So why is sendmail refusing to run the queue and ignoring the ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: unixware 7.1.4 sendmail issues
    ... : load average: 36 ... Typical default [at least on my 8.14.1 version will only queue ... Move the mqueue to something like ... message IDs so I could remove the ones I needed. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: What exactly is load average ?
    ... > The run queue is the number processes running plus the ... > number of process that are runnable, but waiting for CPU ... > run queue, averaged over a given time period. ... load average is not low 70 s after the system has been 'quite'. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: What exactly is load average ?
    ... > The run queue is the number processes running plus the ... > number of process that are runnable, but waiting for CPU ... > run queue, averaged over a given time period. ... load average is not low 70 s after the system has been 'quite'. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)