Re: Skipping queue run -- load average too high

On Mar 6, 11:38 am, Andrzej Adam Filip <a...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Packet Paul <pborgh...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Every message submitted to sendmail is queued with the status:
status=queued

The log file shows:
Mar 6 11:13:20 lists sendmail[20286]: runqueue: Skipping queue run --
load average too high

But the sendmail.cf configuration is:
# load average at which we just queue messages
O QueueLA=99

# load average at which we refuse connections
O RefuseLA=200

and the load is way under 99!

Why are the messages being queued when the load average is below 99?
Why is the queue run skipped?

I realize 99 is an absurd number, I am just testing.

Request single queue run with shouldqueue tracking:
sendmail -q -d3.30

As far as I can see the message you report is generated by
run_work_group function in queue.c file based on result generated by
shouldqueue function.

--
[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : a...@xxxxxxxxxxxx : a...@xxxxxxxx
Open-Sendmail:http://open-sendmail.sourceforge.net/

Here is the response:

[root@lists ~]# sendmail -q -d3.30
getla(): 12.85

so it looks like load average is 12.85 which is far below the
configured load average of:
# load average at which we just queue messages
O QueueLA=99

# load average at which we refuse connections
O RefuseLA=200

So why is sendmail refusing to run the queue and ignoring the
configuration of QueueLA=99?
.