Re: how to 'inject' a mail manually when the daemon is stopped ?

"ynotssor" <ynotssor@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> "Tom V" <tvanover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> > Is there a way to manually send a mail with some sendmail command
> > while the sendmail daemon is stopped ?
>
> sendmail works from the command line. It's not necessary to run it as a
> daemon except for incoming mail. "man sendmail" for more information.

Sendmail-8.12 has changed the previous behavior "a little".

--
[en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@xxxxxxxxxxxx : anfi@xxxxxxxx
http://www.sendmail.org/faq/ http://www.sendmail.org/m4/readme.html

  • Re: Mime standard mails
    ... with the exception that the exact path to sendmail ... freebsd, however on linux & freebsd you just omit any path since it's ... It understands some common sendmail command line options ... The example I gave you happened to be correct for OSR5 rather than ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • RE: Help Me with shell script please
    ... > Field of the receivers mail client). ... > sendmail command will resolve the FROM Problem, ... you'd do something like this in your script ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: how to inject a mail manually when the daemon is stopped ?
    ... > Is there a way to manually send a mail with some sendmail command while ... during a previous migration, we had issues with bounces between ... Root can send email directly without sendmail daemon running. ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: sendmail not using .forward file
    ... Hemant Shah writes: ... I just installed Red Hat fc7 on a system, ... The sendmail does not use the .forward file in the users home directory. ... On fc7 system I run sendmail command I get nothing: ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: how to inject a mail manually when the daemon is stopped ?
    ... > Is there a way to manually send a mail with some sendmail command ... > while the sendmail daemon is stopped? ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)