Re: Compiling sendmail 8.13.4 on AIX 5.1 ML7

Claus Aßmann wrote:
Patrick  wrote:

Did you remove the obj.* directory?
Did you use
./Build -c
as explained in the docs?

Thanks All for your help. This time we were going much further. gcc always says that qstrict is unrecognized but this seems to be a warning only. But at some point the process stops:

gcc -o t-event -blibpath:/usr/lib:/lib t-event.o libsm.a -lbind -ldbm
gcc: `-b' must come at the start of the command line

Stop. make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 2.

I remember I've read something about using gmake instead of the AIX built-in make. MAy that cause the trouble?

Patrick