Re: how to get sent-mail home?

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 10:49:46 -0500, Stof wrote:

My e-mail goes through an IMAP server. Which is handy, when away I still
can follow my mail through a browser and if necessary I can react.
At home I POP my mail. But this only works on the mail in the Inbox.
Is there a way to get Eudora also POP my folder Sent-mail?

POP retrieves mail only from primary system mailboxes.

Simultaneous use of POP and IMAP on the same account
is usually not recommended.

If there isn't, what is the easiest way to get the mail home
out of Sent-mail?

Why not use IMAP at home, too?

You can always copy mail from remote mailboxes to local mailboxes,
if you want local copies.

If "Sent mail" itself is only on your traveling computer,
then copy it to an IMAP folder on the server,
where you can find it using "home" computer.

It is also possible to use POP exclusively, leaving mail
on POP server for long enough time that both computers
can download the same incoming mail; "Bcc" can be used
to mail onself a copy of outgoing messages, if desired.

I personally decided to have my ISP unconditionally
forward all my incoming messages to a Gmail account,
to which I point Eudora using POP for downloading it
(or, Gmail can also retrieve POP mail by itself,
leaving it on the POP server by default for other download);
this gives me a permanent place to visit using *any*
computer, anywhere, in case I want to do some work
while traveling. If I used Gmail's free SMTP as well,
then copies of my outgoing messages would automatically
also be kept at Gmail (though I use local SMTP and just Bcc to myself).

  • Re: Receiving email messages twice from Mail.
    ... then I'm looking at the email through a web interface ... And speaking of Gmail and POP server in the same breath, ... Then I re-directed Eudora to look ...
    (comp.mail.eudora.mac)
  • Re: HOW to send self an email using Win Mail
    ... PC can't download the same message. ... I have Outlook on one computer, ... When I start either WinMail or Outlook application, it looks to the Gmail server and downloads all new messages. ... >>>>>I am using Bellsouth as a provider. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Mail disappearing email trick
    ... something, such that the next time Mail did a POP session, it ... If you can see it in GMail, ... stuck back into the Inbox and marked unread didn't download either, ... wont download again). ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: getting only new mail or marking all messages as read
    ... I think you should use IMAP with gmail. ... You are not actually accessing your gmail inbox, but just a copy of it. ... It maintains a live client-server connection and you actually operate on your gmail inbox. ... I think IMAP can do pretty much everything POP can do, including bulk message download. ...
    (comp.mail.pine)
  • Re: Pocket Outlook Deletes Downloaded POP3 Email from Server
    ... I am "using Gmail via POP3, which, by default, gives a "read" flag to ... It seems to me that the problem is not that I can't download the ... client on my WM5 device. ... The new email arrives in my Inbox on my device. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)