Re: ModelSim-Altera

Rob wrote:
I just upgraded to ModelSim-Altera 6.1d and our network license no longer works. The license worked fine with the 6.0e version we were previously using. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Yes, in many ways.
Once the new version release notes
required a license server upgrade.

Once our license was too near to
the end-of-maintenance date to cover
the new version. We had to pay our dues
and get a newer license file.

Once our license server lost a process
and needed a reboot.

Etc.

-- Mike Treseler

  • Re: Win2k licensing Question
    ... License server in the same box with Terminal server. ... License server and provide connection to the Microsoft Certificate Authority ... And also you can post this question into the terminal service newsgroup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: New License Server will not assign licenses to existing TS cli
    ... but this was consistent across 3 different machines. ... These are the default registry permissions, ... After uninstalling the License server from the Old server, ...
  • Re: TS Issue
    ... (and receiving a license). ... RDP into it. ... The license server and the terminal server should be in the ... After being install I can not remote ...
  • Re: New License Server will not assign licenses to existing TS cli
    ... machines that run a legacy program that a small number of users have. ... registry permissions were as they were set out of the box. ... After uninstalling the License server from the Old server, ...
  • Re: License Explanation
    ... another license server - I should have mentioned this. ... license server issues a new license from the built-in pool -- and counts it. ... Then the clients also have valid ... Author of "Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services", ...