Difficulties Trapping ActiveX Events

Hello Forum,

Concerning the trapping of ActiveX events...

First, let me preface this question by saying that we did find a great
deal of information in the archives. In fact, we thought we had it.
Apparently not :(

We tested our ActiveX control in the AX Browser just to find out which
events were being generated by which actions. We settled on testing
with the #ControlSelected: event. This is how we set up the test:

XtremeCommandBarsPresenter>>#createSchematicWiring

(self view controlDispatch)
when: #ControlSelected: send: #onControlSelected to: self

XtremeCommandBarsPresenter>>#onControlSelected: aControl

Sound beep.

We have the firing of events and property notifications aspects set to
true. We also tried hanging off (self view), but that didn't work
either. We also made sure our #createSchematicWiring method was
actually executing--it was.

What are we missing?

Cheers,

Eric

  • ActiveX problem
    ... Everytime I start Excel it asks me if I want to run this Active X control. ... how ActiveX controls are initialized within Office applications. ... another format the link reference to the ActiveX control might not convert ...
  • RE: ActiveX as a Service with events
    ... > Have an ActiveX created in Delphi 7 and need to run it in a service by ... > If I just add the reference to the control at design time using the TLBImp ... > Private WithEvents myOCX as AxmyControl.AxmyOCX ... > Private Sub OnStart() ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.interop)
  • Re: User Controls (Active X) - Da Process
    ... ActiveX control itself. ... Interfaces), defined in other Binaries. ...
  • Re: System.Timers.Timer() sometimes gets stuck and disappears??
    ... The activeX was blocking ... with a timeout function. ... I think that this is getting stuck at the activeX control. ... | int myValue = activeXControl1.getMyValue; ...
  • RE: Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer exploit (Exposed vulnerabilities list)
    ... >security setting of the browser. ... >whether to launch ActiveX that is signed by a specific signer. ... There IS a need for low security for the rouge ActiveX control to be ... Admin downloads and runs MBSA. ...
    (Vuln-Dev)