Re: selecting a variable number of individual items

Colin Bartlett wrote:
I'm a bit hesitant to suggest this because you've been studying Ruby a
long time,

you're assuming that I've gotten good at it. It's still confusing to me
in many spots.

and because I don't think I understand sufficiently what you want to do.

the second half of your sentence is proof that I haven't gotten good at
it.

However your solution gave me enough to go on. I can push the arguments
into an array and then iterate through selecting whatever is in the
array.

thanks for extending help Colin! Much appreciated.

  • RE: $ or % For Associative Arrays?
    ... > to the name of an associative array as a whole". ... people often say hash when they mean associative ... Things become more confusing when you consider this: ... Perl is perfectly willing and able to deal with variables of the same ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: TCHAR and buffer overflows
    ... >>You don't think the sizeofexpression is confusing? ... It does not give the number of elements in an array. ... programmers often use sizeof for buffer sizes because they're ... But arguing about what most programmers think is pointless. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: TCHAR and buffer overflows
    ... >>You don't think the sizeofexpression is confusing? ... It does not give the number of elements in an array. ... programmers often use sizeof for buffer sizes because they're ... But arguing about what most programmers think is pointless. ...
    (comp.os.ms-windows.nt.admin.security)
  • Re: Initializing Pointer to an array
    ... but the equivalence between arrays and pointers is ... > confusing enough without dereferencing pointers that have been ... > created by the decay of an array name. ... no dereference. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: XML::DOM Query
    ... > Hi Ben thanks for your reply, I've used Dumer to have a look at the array ... > and its quite confusing. ... the shoulder of Orion; I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)