Re: calling 'C' code from Ruby

Dear Rajinder,

there's also RubyInline (http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/RubyInline/)
and Rice (http://rice.rubyforge.org/) for bringing C and Ruby together.
I can't say whether they'd be better adapted for what you are trying to do,
but I'd be interested to learn which of the different Ruby/C connection possibilities gives you a best result.

Best regards,

Axel

  • Re: Extending Ruby using C++ and Rice
    ... I am trying to extend Ruby and my current implementation is using C++ ... I have completed the following steps as shown in Rice to create a cpp ... Here are my h and cpp files for MyTest ... Expected in: dynamic lookup ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • [ANN] Rice 1.4.0
    ... Rice: Ruby Interface for C++ Extensions ... Rice is a C++ interface to Ruby's C API. ... exception-safe interface in order to make embedding Ruby and writing ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • [ANN] Rice 1.2.0
    ... Rice: Ruby Interface for C++ Extensions ... Rice is a C++ interface to Ruby's C API. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • [ANN] Rice 1.0.1 - Bug Fixes
    ... Rice: Ruby Interface for C++ Extensions ... Rice is a C++ interface to Ruby's C API. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • [ANN] Rice 1.3.1 - Bug fixes and memory management tweaks