Re: handling of regexp objects that aren't referenced by variables, arrays, tables or objects

On Sep 27, 2009, at 4:25 PM, ThomasW wrote:
Thanks for that tip. I wasn't aware that this also works with regexp
matches. It's great that it does! By the way, is there anything
substantially different from an elsif chain, except for being slightly
less typing?

The semantics are the same in this case but I think the
case statement highlights the fact that you are doing a
sequence of matches against a single object, whereas the
standard if/then/else is a more general construct.

Gary Wright

.