Re: Counting words for visual details

I save each answer for each user, with the visual detail in one column
and the three words in an array in a single varchar column. E.g. for
Linear a user doing the survey might pick Word1,Word2,Word3.

What would be the best way to count the words picked for let's say
Linear? And also, count the ones most frequent.

( Not sure it's best to ask here or in Rails forum but I suspect it
could be here with some array or hash trick.)

Well, if you can create the query for the word array, then you can simply use the size() method to count the objects in the array:

word_array = ['Word1', 'Word2', 'Word3'] #query here instead
word_array.size # => 3