Re: Need Advice Help On Parsing A File
- From: Brian Candler <b.candler@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 05:16:10 -0500
Ryan Davis wrote:
On Jun 28, 2009, at 01:05 , Robert Klemme wrote:
I assume for mbox files there is an established protocol how the
file locking works. You'll probably find it somewhere on the web or
someone more knowledgeable than me posts information here.
Unfortunately, no. It is server (both smtp and imap) and OS dependent.
There are a handful of variants (from top of head: flock locking, and
dot-file locking). The best way of checking is to look at the source
code of something which accesses mbox files, and see what they do. e.g.
an MTA like exim (which has very clear source code), or an MUA like mutt
or pine. All these are written in C.
Alternatively, if you have control over the problem domain, consider
changing to Maildir.
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
- Prev by Date: Re: Attr Methods and object setters
- Next by Date: Re: how to make a variable based on array length and member value
- Previous by thread: Re: Need Advice Help On Parsing A File
- Next by thread: Re: Need Advice Help On Parsing A File