Re: problem with ssh -> authentication failed

c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/net-ssh-2.0.4/lib/net/ssh.rb:195:in
`start': Net::SSH::AuthenticationFailed
Any suggestions what's wrong ??

I apologise for stating the obvious, but it looks like a wrong username
and/or password. Or it could be that there is something else at the
server side which is rejecting the connection, e.g. it's possible to
configure ssh accounts so they only accept connections from a particular
IP address, or so that they can only run certain commands (not shells).

Looking at sshd logs on the far side could help to determine the
problem. Even better, try running sshd in debug mode, bound to a
different port:

# sshd -d -p 99

This will stay in the foreground without forking, and show you the
processing of incoming connections. Add :port=>99 to your client of
course.

  • Re: SonicWall issues
    ... stuck a feather in their cap and shouted Look At Me! ... HTTP traffic ... and requires a reboot to re-establish connections.. ...
    (alt.2600)
  • Re: Setting up Agent
    ... I keep getting username, user password, or other errors and ... Uncheck the "The Server Requires a secure Connection". ... Login Method: "UserName and Password" ... Connections reserved for body retrieval: ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Setting up Agent
    ... I keep getting username, user password, or other errors and ... Uncheck the "The Server Requires a secure Connection". ... Login Method: "UserName and Password" ... Connections reserved for body retrieval: ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: remove users from ftp site
    ... Are you actually logging in with the Administrator account? ... The FTP service seems to accept connections and not reject for a username, ...
  • Re: How to Limit # of Remote Client Access
    ... Windows Components is not an option. ... the two connections are made with the same username. ... I checked it on one of our servers (a member server in a domain) and ...