Re: Problem with warbler

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Bahaw Anyone <bahaw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bahaw Anyone wrote:
Btw, I am using JDK 1.5.

I think I have solve the problem with conflicting rake versions. I can
build the war now, but when deployed in Tomcat, it is asking for
RAILS_GEM_VERSION.

This is what I get when I run Tomcat. My app was running in Mongrel and
I'm sure I'm using Rails 2.1.1.

Missing the Rails 2.1.1 gem. Please `gem install -v=2.1.1 rails`, update
your RA
ILS_GEM_VERSION setting in config/environment.rb for the Rails version
you do ha
ve installed, or comment out RAILS_GEM_VERSION to use the latest version
install
ed.

Can you check if the Rails gem was included in your war file by doing
"jar tf myapp.war | grep rails" or similar? Also, feel free to stop by
the jruby lists to troubleshoot the problem further.

Regards,
/Nick

  • Commen Problem with Tomcat. & WARs - eg using some JSF library
    ... A commen probel that can occure with Tomcat when you run your .WAR ... to the fact that Tomcat uses ANT to explode the .war, as ANT script is ... NEVER install tomcat into directory that has a space in it, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Problem with warbler
    ... build the war now, but when deployed in Tomcat, it is asking for ... This is what I get when I run Tomcat. ... I'm sure I'm using Rails 2.1.1. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Rubygems, FreeBSD, Nitro not all playing together nicely
    ... I installed Rails to tinker with on my FreeBSD 4 box. ... the waythe FreeBSD port ... When I heard about the Nitro and had explored the documentation ... gem install --rdoc -y nitro ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Rails DB convention info is a big fat secret??
    ... I started learning Ruby in part so I could do some web scripting, and have already twice tried installing Rails, with my usual catastrophic installer-malfunction-experiences with Ruby-related material. ... At the moment I have a brand new XServe with a nice fresh install of stuff. ... One of the "getting ready" things is rebuilding and repopulating a PostgreSQL database. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Slightly OT
    ... Have latest ruby, have rails and all the gems have bundle, etc and rvm everything as I have in Fedora 16. ... Have no idea how to get it to install execjs. ... Neither yum nor gem will install it. ... So why doesn't yum find the rpm either on the web or after changing to /Downloads where I have the .rpm is located and handle the dependencies as it has done with all other installs to date. ...
    (Fedora)