Re: IRB as test interface to existing object
- From: Brian Candler <B.Candler@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 02:40:37 +0900
On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 01:42:42AM +0900, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
The following drops into (or _back_ into) an irb session.
This works perfectly, thank you (great to get command history!)
It also looks suspiciously like IRB.start in /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/irb.rb -
shame that doesn't take a second optional parameter for the workspace.
the prompt is another matter, and I don't remember how to do that, but
it might be findable on ruby-talk.)
Just defining a to_s method on the object works well enough for me. I have
also found more details about IRB.conf in "man irb" (actually "man irb1.8"
on this Ubuntu box)
- Prev by Date: Re: attr_accessor
- Next by Date: Re: JRake
- Previous by thread: Re: IRB as test interface to existing object
- Next by thread: Re: Newbie question about ActionController (I suppose) behavior