Compiling Ruby Source on Win32
- From: Peter Piper <pete@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 05:14:12 +0900
I want to compile the ruby source so I can have a play with the source
and try creating some extensions :)
So far I have Eclipse IDE with CDT (C Development Tools) and SVN
installed, as well as Mingw32 which contains gcc, g++ and mingw32-make.
1. Is this a reasonable setup for windows?
2. What should the makefile look like, I tried running the makefile.in
but I get:
mingw32-make -f makefile.in clean all
makefile.in:12: *** missing separator. Stop.
Looking at the readme I should use ./configure to generate a makefile,
but of course it does not run on win32, I tried running it on Cygwin but
it didnt make anything.
Many thanks, Pete.
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
- Prev by Date: Re: "Unflattening" arrays
- Next by Date: Re: ara's double_x : generate xml?
- Previous by thread: "Unflattening" arrays
- Next by thread: IRB Core file ?