Sphinx 0.4 released
- From: Georg Brandl <georg@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:30:20 +0200
I'm pleased to announce the next minor version of Sphinx, the Python
documentation generation tool.
What is it?
Sphinx is a tool that makes it easy to create intelligent and beautiful
documentation for Python projects (or other documents consisting of
multiple reStructuredText source files).
Its website is at <http://sphinx.pocoo.org/>.
(full list at http://sphinx.pocoo.org/changes.html)
* The new config value `default_role` can be used to select the
default role for all documents.
* Sphinx now interprets field lists with fields like ``:param foo:``
in description units.
* The new `staticmethod` directive can be used to mark methods as
* The new TextBuilder creates plain-text output.
* Autodoc Extension:
- The autodoc extension now offers a much more flexible way to
manipulate docstrings before including them into the output, via
the new `autodoc-process-docstring` event.
- The `autodoc` extension accepts signatures for functions, methods
and classes now that override the signature got via introspection
from Python code.
- The `autodoc` extension now offers a ``show-inheritance`` option
for autoclass that inserts a list of bases after the signature.
- The autodoc directives now support the ``noindex`` flag option.
* HTML output:
- The "previous" and "next" links have a more logical structure, so
that by following "next" links you can traverse the entire TOC
- The new event `html-page-context` can be used to include custom
values into the context used when rendering an HTML template.
- The new config value `html_favicon` can be used to set a favicon
for the HTML output. Thanks to Sebastian Wiesner.
- The new config value `html_split_index` can be used to create
separate index pages for each letter, to be used when the complete
index is too large for one page.
- The module index now isn't collapsed if the number of submodules
is larger than the number of toplevel modules.
* The image directive now supports specifying the extension as ``.*``,
which makes the builder select the one that matches best. Thanks to
* The new config value `exclude_trees` can be used to exclude whole
subtrees from the search for source files.
* Python 3-style signatures, giving a return annotation via ``->``,
are now supported.
- Prev by Date: anntools 0.5.1 - Tools for function annotation
- Next by Date: ANN: Komodo IDE 4.4 & Komodo Edit 4.4 released
- Previous by thread: anntools 0.5.1 - Tools for function annotation
- Next by thread: ANN: Komodo IDE 4.4 & Komodo Edit 4.4 released