RELEASED Python 2.4.2, release candidate 1
- From: Anthony Baxter <anthony@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:42:10 +1000
On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
happy to announce the release of Python 2.4.2 (release candidate 1).
Python 2.4.2 is a bug-fix release. See the release notes at the
website (also available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for
details of the more than 60 bugs squished in this release.
Assuming no major problems crop up, a final release of Python 2.4.2
will follow in about a week's time.
For more information on Python 2.4.2, including download links for
various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see:
Highlights of this new release include:
- Bug fixes. According to the release notes, more than 60 have been
fixed, including bugs that prevented Python from working properly
on 64 bit HP/UX and AIX systems.
Highlights of the previous major Python release (2.4) are available
from the Python 2.4 page, at
Enjoy the new release,
Python Release Manager
(on behalf of the entire python-dev team)
- Prev by Date: ANN: JpyDbg V0.0.12
- Next by Date: Upcoming Python talk in Toronto
- Previous by thread: ANN: JpyDbg V0.0.12
- Next by thread: Upcoming Python talk in Toronto