Re: Tk and background gradient color

perlgenome <genomart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message-id: <fa5957ce-e429-4a3c-89ca-215ba86a7464@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear,

You can now use theses two modules to set a background gradient color
in a Canvas widget and Button widget :
Tk::Canvas::GradientColor and Tk::ColoredButton.

I am looking for comments/complaints/ideas about any functionality
missing or not necessary.

Djibril

The button is excellent.

Options for rounded rectangle or auto-fit font may fall into the functionality idea category.

Been using Tk::Zinc for canvas; it has gradient with transparency support so can
go from transparent to opaque. GraidentColor sure does look good though,
and, seems a great improvement to Canvas.

2009 was a nice year for Tk widgets and 2010 is sure looking good as well.

Thank you very much,

  • Re: Tk and background gradient color
    ... in a Canvas widget and Button widget: ... Options for rounded rectangle or auto-fit font may fall into the functionality idea category. ... Been using Tk::Zinc for canvas; it has gradient with transparency support so can ...
    (comp.lang.perl.tk)
  • Re: Aspect Ratio revisited
    ... The 'Configure' event is signalled each time the widget size ... The canvas will always have a default size: ... the main window is visible before the contents is packed/gridded, ... or the outer frame gets *smaller*, ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Fwd: (fwd) binding to a derived canvas widget
    ... I'm working on a canvas based module to simulate the ... which just created a new CanvasDirTree widget, derived from a Canvas, ... bind Button-1, to activate the animation, and select a sub-directory. ... because I'm binding to everything ...
    (comp.lang.perl.tk)
  • Re: What is this widget? -- again
    ... Sorry for the unclear question in last post. ... Well, I am using Tkinter ... I just can't figure out what widget in Tkinter is equivalent to ... THEN you need to learn how to move "canvas items" around the canvas ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Mulitple pages from canvas postscript
    ... However, I'm not getting the output I want--the resulting postscript shows only a portion of the text, and it actually shows the text window, scrollbar and all, and then it only shows one page. ... To show the entire text widget you will need to remove the scrollbar and ensure the widget is large enough to show all of its contents. ... Has anyone tried something like this, to print the contents of a text widget over multiple pages using the canvas? ... manually stitch these separate files together into a single postscript file. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)