Re: Digi Boards for DTM

What model Digi are you using? What OS are you running on?
Years ago I ran Digi-boards with DTM v4. They were set up as COM ports which shared a common interrupt (as opposed to the Arnets which had a special handler for more efficiency.) If I recall correctly, the DEVICE file had to be set up with the correct addresses and interrupt.

The problem you are describing sounds like an interrupt issue.

"Roger Cope" <rogerdotcope@morphanieldotcom> wrote in message news:Xns96CEB6097745Arogercopemorphanielc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Has anyone got experience of using Digi multiport serial boards with DTM
6.6 instead of Arnet boards?

I have recently switched to Digi and have two niggling issues:

First, using a similar device string for the Digi boards as I used on the
Arnet boards delivers character by character READ input on the device with
control characters not interpreted - it's impossible to READ a string and
I've temporarily recoded to READ characters until *C=13.

Second, I cannot get a second Digi concentrator to work, leaving me with
only 16 ports. I have followed the Digi instructions and have also failed
to get 32 working ports using the Digi driver, so this is not necessarily a
DTM issue.

Whether I attach the concentrators in series on a single Digi board port or
one to each port, only the first concentrator initialises and the second
puts up an error message that means it detects a duplicate ID on the card
(which is not true - I have correctly set unique IDs).

Roger

    ... Under Solaris 10, all such things are handled by smf. ... set the correct ownership rights on the ports when it configures them. ... I'm trying to track down a problem I'm having with a Digi Terminal ... Resetting didn't clear the problem. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: SCO Printer stops every 2-3 days
    ... Some standard serial ports (not Digi) required ... >the port in order to keep the flow control functional as in: ... That will determine if xon/xoff is actually ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • DigiBoard Xem (ISA) and Linux
    ... Has anyone gotten a DigiBoard Xem to work with Linux (on both ... I can send data from the PC (DB-9) to the Digi, ... I've switched Ports "boxes", cables (including the big Digi EBI ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • DigiBoard Xem (ISA) and Linux
    ... Has anyone gotten a DigiBoard Xem to work with Linux (on both ... I can send data from the PC (DB-9) to the Digi, ... I've switched Ports "boxes", cables (including the big Digi EBI ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Digi concentrator problems
    ... Hoss <hoss @ nospam blowthedotcomoutyourass. ... >(We have Wyse terminals and modems attached to the concentrator). ... so it lost power. ... At this point I think you should call the people at Digi. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)