Re: Image transition filters cause Ie to freeze after a while

On 16 déc, 01:41, David Mark <dmark.cins...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Dec 15, 7:27 pm, ppRaist...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,
thanks for your answer
The application is a commercial one. The configuration of the PC can t
change unfortunatly, so I have to use IE 6.
Concerning bazooka and mosquito, the original application is way more
complicated than my example : C++ encapsulating browser object but

Similar overkill.  Why not just swap images without the overhead of
browser windows?

doing various other thing, DCOM and more advanced C++ stuff. The IE

I don't see the connection to using IE as a slide show.

part is only the upper part of the iceberg. But as far the problem don
t occur without filters I guess it s pertinent to only is focus on it.

Yes.  It is clearly the interaction with DirectX that is leaking.  As
mentioned, you don't need DirectX to create an "Iris" effect.

function ApplyFilter(NextImage)
{
        if (document.getElementById("myImg").filters.length > 0)
document.getElementById("myImg").filters[0].apply();
        document.getElementById("myImg").src = NextImage.src;
        if (document.getElementById(sFils).filters.length > 0)
document.getElementById("myImg").filters[0].play();
I don't see anything leaky here, but it is horribly inefficient.

What is inefficient regarding this code snippet ? I will be happy to
learn another way to use this kind of filter (I am C++ engineer)

I count four calls to document.getElementById("myImg") in the above
snippet.

After a random time (30 min to 8 hours)  each IE browser slows down to
finally stall and freeze.
Sounds like a memory leak.

It s has to be a leak yes...but where...

Who knows?  And what sort of commercial application prohibits
upgrading to IE7?

I don't see the connection to using IE as a slide show.
Ah ok. When I coded the application I had little time to code pretty
slide show with image effect, beautiful design. I used so IE browser
to do that instead of directly DX, or even GDI+. This would cost to
much to my company. IE was the best choice.

Who knows? And what sort of commercial application prohibits
upgrading to IE7?
simply the application that the user cannot not easily reach. The user
have no access to the computer and automatic updaitng is of course
disabled for stability purpose. So the application is well all over my
country, and for elementary reason of cost I can t say to the
commercial service : I have to go all over the country to update all
the pc. I have to find a software way to do it.

I count four calls to document.getElementById("myImg") in the above
snippet.
ok I believe it was on applying the filter

  • Re: Image transition filters cause Ie to freeze after a while
    ... browser windows? ... t occur without filters I guess it s pertinent to only is focus on it.. ... you don't need DirectX to create an "Iris" effect. ... I have to go all over the country to update all ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: Enabling DirectX va
    ... Ok, as you said, DirectX VA is implemented in the DMO. ... Reader filter 2 weeks before. ... It worked well for playing both of a local file and a streaming ... to make a new source filter like WMP9's source filter. ...
  • Re: Netscape 7 issues.
    ... creating a new browser window is instantaneous ... > anit-spam filter is being pretty ineffective, as I can't act on the ... mail account the "Filters for" drop-down box showed the name of the account ... Just it would be nice if the browser ...
    (comp.sys.sun.admin)
  • Re: Problem with sprites in directx 9.0c
    ... The default filter for both minification and magnification is a Point ... And then a screenshot of what is happening in directx. ... I just need to use sprites. ... making the graphics that he is going to have to do multiple versions of ...
  • Re: OT: Looking for Newsreader that does email
    ... I've been using the Opera browser for a few years, wich has e-mail en newsreader facilities, besides being a very fast and lightweight browser. ... My favourite graphical mailreader so far is Mail for OS X, ... Do you mean you'd reorganize the accounts in the left bar according to your own set of priorities (which I can understand, things like "only alphabetical" sorting of folders can be annoying)? ... I have found that I really like the filter setup on Thunderbird, I've got a multitude of folders set up, with filters throwing my messages right to the correct folder. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)