Re: Image transition filters cause Ie to freeze after a while

On 16 déc, 01:41, David Mark <dmark.cins...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Dec 15, 7:27 pm, ppRaist...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,
thanks for your answer
The application is a commercial one. The configuration of the PC can t
change unfortunatly, so I have to use IE 6.
Concerning bazooka and mosquito, the original application is way more
complicated than my example : C++ encapsulating browser object but

Similar overkill.  Why not just swap images without the overhead of
browser windows?

doing various other thing, DCOM and more advanced C++ stuff. The IE

I don't see the connection to using IE as a slide show.

part is only the upper part of the iceberg. But as far the problem don
t occur without filters I guess it s pertinent to only is focus on it.

Yes.  It is clearly the interaction with DirectX that is leaking.  As
mentioned, you don't need DirectX to create an "Iris" effect.

function ApplyFilter(NextImage)
{
        if (document.getElementById("myImg").filters.length > 0)
document.getElementById("myImg").filters[0].apply();
        document.getElementById("myImg").src = NextImage.src;
        if (document.getElementById(sFils).filters.length > 0)
document.getElementById("myImg").filters[0].play();
I don't see anything leaky here, but it is horribly inefficient.

What is inefficient regarding this code snippet ? I will be happy to
learn another way to use this kind of filter (I am C++ engineer)

I count four calls to document.getElementById("myImg") in the above
snippet.

After a random time (30 min to 8 hours)  each IE browser slows down to
finally stall and freeze.
Sounds like a memory leak.

It s has to be a leak yes...but where...

Who knows?  And what sort of commercial application prohibits
upgrading to IE7?

I don't see the connection to using IE as a slide show.
Ah ok. When I coded the application I had little time to code pretty
slide show with image effect, beautiful design. I used so IE browser
to do that instead of directly DX, or even GDI+. This would cost to
much to my company. IE was the best choice.

Who knows? And what sort of commercial application prohibits
upgrading to IE7?
simply the application that the user cannot not easily reach. The user
have no access to the computer and automatic updaitng is of course
disabled for stability purpose. So the application is well all over my
country, and for elementary reason of cost I can t say to the
commercial service : I have to go all over the country to update all
the pc. I have to find a software way to do it.

I count four calls to document.getElementById("myImg") in the above
snippet.
ok I believe it was on applying the filter

.