Re: Create an 'account password' input field

Nick Fletcher wrote on 28 feb 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:

JavaScript should only ever enhance a page. Not provide make or break

I disagree.

The above is a choice you make, and a good one, but it is a choice.

You could have tested for JS compatibility and have the js incompatible
user diverted to a different set of pages.

Or you could not care a damn for the users without javascript.

Perhaps not nice, but "only ever", no.

The caring for and protecting of the sensibilities of js-off users also
will increase their numbers, do we wnat that?

The Netherlands.

  • Re: ARRRRGH! Guys, whos breaking -STABLEs GMIRROR code?!
    ... I think there are a lot of users who disagree with you on that one. ... the advice is to go to and track -STABLE! ... the most basic of functionality - to detect that the patch was bad. ... FreeBSD as it is of any commercial software. ...
  • Re: interface question
    ... I just disagree. ... IMHO an interface represents a subset of IS_A ... functionality as multiple inheritance of pure virtual abstract classes ...
  • Re: Kinect?! Really?!
    ... I disagree. ... "Move" is actually appropriate for the functionality. ... "Kinect" is in no way appropriate. ... hard to argue for the validity of that ...
  • Re: Why we should (not?) have closures after all
    ... classes without adding more functionality: ... above I believe MyWrapper is pretty useless as it does not add anything ... We still disagree on the point of whether there ...