Re: Create an 'account password' input field

Nick Fletcher wrote on 28 feb 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:

JavaScript should only ever enhance a page. Not provide make or break
functionality.

I disagree.

The above is a choice you make, and a good one, but it is a choice.

You could have tested for JS compatibility and have the js incompatible
user diverted to a different set of pages.

Or you could not care a damn for the users without javascript.

Perhaps not nice, but "only ever", no.

WARNING:
The caring for and protecting of the sensibilities of js-off users also
will increase their numbers, do we wnat that?

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.