Re: change images

windandwaves said the following on 8/5/2007 2:00 AM:
On Aug 4, 10:09 pm, Randy Webb <HikksNotAtH...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
windandwaves said the following on 8/4/2007 4:51 AM:

Hi Folk and Gurus
This may help some of you (though probably not the gurus), in changing
images:
http://www.sunnysideup.co.nz/j/imageChange/
Any feedback appreciated.
That would have to be about the worse way/example of an image change
script as I have seen in a very long time.

I have changed it...

It is getting better, but, as David has already pointed out there is a lot of feature detection missing from the script. And technically speaking, it is not an image changing script anymore.
If you read a thread entitled "Script for Hiding/Un-Hiding Text On Click " (Which is almost precisely what you are doing), it shows a lot of the tests that can/need to be performed for feature detection in your script, and some of the drawbacks to several different approaches.

--
Randy
Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

  • Re: Creating server based image catalogs with Filemaker?
    ... I send incoming pics through a batchrename (also a filemaker ... I did not send you a script, but some calculation examples. ... Currently it holds over 15,000 images, and more are added ...
    (comp.databases.filemaker)
  • Re: yet another question on file names with spaces?
    ... > I agree, the echo is redudant. ... > know what they are before the script runs - see below. ... > finding whether they are also on the remote machine. ... > images and pdfs which I only want to transfer once. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: change images
    ... Some UA's can't update the display style with script, in which case, ... Style in FF) and you will see that all of the images are there from ... display styles to "none" and then show the container. ... var oldMenuItem; ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: How resource-intensive are these?
    ... > stringing together 8 smaller images. ... > month, because another little script of mine, BattleFishies ... > everything will come crashing down, with smoke coming out of the server ... requests in 1 second for example. ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: image gallery
    ... Does this mean i dont have to modify the second part of the script - telling ... If your pictures are stored in your images folder, ... pictures like the FP Banner web component but will be visible to users ... Being in Java doesn't usually / neccessarily mean insecure. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.addins)