onmouseover vs. onmousemove

Am I right in my understanding here?

The onmouseover event occurs only once at the exact time the mouse
pointer enters into an object's boundaries. In contrast, onmousemove
occurs from the time the mouse pointer enters an object's boundaries
and occurs everytime the mouse pointer moves one pixel as long as it is
inside the object's boundaries.

  • Re: Memory copy
    ... Any ideas on what I can do with malloc to avoid this slowdown? ... Allocate 16,384 bytes, then convert the pointer to some kind ... you're seeing is that malloc is probably giving you a hunk of space which ... with your actual region that you're using, you end up crossing page boundaries ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: onmouseover vs. onmousemove
    ... would cascade, right? ... Put an onmouseover event on a TR element in a Table that changes the window.status. ... Then, mouseover the table:) Mousing over the TR will fire the onmouseover but when it reaches the boundaries of the TD then, in IE anyway, it stops honoring the mouseover of the TR even though you are technically still over the TR when you are over a child TD. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: About casts (and pointers)
    ... but an int16_t only need to be aligned at 1 byte boundaries. ... undefined behaviour) and converting it back to an int16_t* could do the ... You can convert a pointer to any type to a pointer to any other type, ... I can find no guarantee ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: malloc alignment
    ... > I need a way to keep malloc'd memory aligned on 16-byte boundaries, ... is there another way to accomplish malloc alignment on ... need and you're guaranteed to have a 16-byte aligned region in there ... pointer that malloc returned and your aligned pointer into that region. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: Store information in pointers
    ... This assumes a certain bits layout for pointer encoding ... alignment requirement of 'unsigned long' type is ... boundaries but nothing prevents an implementation to use 1 byte ... you can turn structure ...
    (comp.lang.c)