IMMEDIATE IMMEDIATE

I'm not sure this matters any, but I noticed fig-Forth toggles immediacy
with IMMEDIATE. However, the various specifications say that Forth only
needs to "mark" or "make" a word immediate via IMMEDIATE. Does this
matter any?

E.g., the following will make X immediate for some Forths (sets) and
non-immediate for others (toggles).

: X 1 . ; IMMEDIATE IMMEDIATE

It seems unlikely, except by accident or some unforeseen intricacy, that one
would ever encounter an IMMEDIATE IMMEDIATE sequence.

Is there any valid reason to disable immediacy on an IMMEDIATE word?

If it doesn't matter, as is suggested by Forths using different methods,
then I can switch from TOGGLE to +! (plus-store) to set immediacy.

gForth sets
Win32Forth toggles
bigForth sets

Rod Pemberton