Influences on Moore & other Qs
- From: "Alex McDonald" <alex_mcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 30 May 2006 09:23:58 -0700
The Forth language entry at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forth is
getting another update. I've read
http://www.forth.com/resources/evolution/index.html, and that's
provoked some questions for clf.
What languages influenced Moore during his development of Forth;
specifically, did he model Forth on, or was he influenced by exposure
to, any then-extant language?
What programming paradigm
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_paradigm) would Forth belong
in? What would Moore have considered it?
What languages did Forth subsequently influence, if any?
Does anyone have a photograph of Moore that they would be willing to
allow use of under the GFDL, CC or other similar licence, or have a
verifiably public domain picture of Moore?
On a separate but related subject; is the cover image of "Starting
Forth" copyrighted? (I am assuming yes.)
Thanks in advance.
- Prev by Date: Re: implementing hierarchical state machines
- Next by Date: Re: Influences on Moore & other Qs
- Previous by thread: New FORTH project commited to freshmeat.net
- Next by thread: Re: Influences on Moore & other Qs