Re: RfD: EKEY return values
- From: anton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Anton Ertl)
- Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 10:19:13 GMT
mhx@xxxxxx (Marcel Hendrix) writes:
Andreas Kochenburger <akk@xxxxxxxxxx> writes Re: RfD: EKEY return values
On Sun, 21 May 2006 10:04:03 GMT, anton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(Anton Ertl) wrote:
The following words produce the same values that EKEY produces when the user
presses the corresponding key.
K-LEFT ( -- u ) facility ext
The "cursor left" key
Depending on the terminal, key codes generated after pressing one
single key can be several characters long. I doubt that this will
always fit into one u number.
I don't know if that is what is intended by the proposal, but EKEY
could catch those escape sequences and translate them to unique
16/32/64 bit numbers, e.g. this K-LEFT constant.
The Gforth implementation actually works that way.
M. Anton Ertl http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/home.html
comp.lang.forth FAQs: http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/forth/faq/toc.html
New standard: http://www.forth200x.org/forth200x.html
EuroForth 2006: http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/euroforth2006/
- Prev by Date: Re: hardware errors, do C and Forth need different things in hardware?
- Next by Date: Re: RfD: EKEY return values
- Previous by thread: Re: RfD: EKEY return values
- Next by thread: Re: EKEY return values