Re: Beginner question

"eeh" <eehobbyist@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1120108391.410174.229010@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi,
>
> I am just a VB beginner. The following is 2 basic questions:
>
> In vb6, how to generate an exe file? I select standard exe type in
> project selection but I cannot see the exe in the project directory.

[File] --> [Make projectname.exe...]

You will be asked where to save the exe.

> Besides, how to exit the main program in VB? I have tried the following
> keywords but cannot succeed:
>
> terminate, close, exit, bye

Unload Me, on the main form.

--
Dag.

  • Re: [newbie] Calling EXE file from D, read output, and send input?
    ... > Win32Check(DuplicateHandle(ThisProcess, PipeOutR, ThisProcess, ... > with a little problem I'd like to solve by building an EXE in Delphi ... > sequence to close the PPP connection. ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • Re: Beginner question
    ... how to generate an exe file? ... how to exit the main program in VB? ... To terminate from a main Form use: ...
    (comp.lang.basic.visual.misc)
  • Re: Problem With Application.Exit()
    ... I have a problem with my application exit, I create a button that call ... at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) ... So your exe will stay locked until your program exits which means you can not do your copy. ... The way to do what you want is to start a new process, close the exe your want to copy and have the new process process do the copying. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: cannot quit visual foxpro
    ... do u think my exe still in the memory after the exit. ... "Eric den Doop" wrote: ... >> I want my form to be inside main visual foxpro window. ...
  • Re: Want COM to use a running DLL, not load it again
    ... exit until all COM objects are released by their clients. ... The EXE can poll DllCanUnloadNow ... can happily call CoRegisterClassObject from a DLL running within an EXE ... This effectively turns this EXE into an out-of-proc server. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.atl)