Re: Brower utility

CharlesBennett <surfer@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

surfer@xxxxxxxx (CharlesBennett) wrote:
Does anyone know of a browser tool/plugin which would enable a multi-part
download? IE: avi.001 thru avi.055. Or rar etc. I'm using Unison
Newsreader which I'm not happy with. It goes in and out, requiring a lot
of work. I have little use for the other features of newsreaders.

My news server ( news.newsreader.com) allows web access to news groups
via almost any browser; as well as nntp with a newsreader.

Mac OX 10.5.6 Intel 2.16 ghz cpu.

Safari ver 3.2.1 Camino ver 1.6.6 Firefox ver 3.0.6

Sorry, I should have been a little clearer. A tool/plugin which would

add the 'queue' feature to a browser.

The DownThemAll extension for Firefox is worth looking at . It queues
downloads, and has other features that might work well for you.

  • Re: Free newsreader anyone??
    ... but it looks as though my ancient newsreader works ... fine - at least I can download, this test will see whether or not I can ... nifty new features or performance a newer program might offer. ...
    (uk.local.cumbria)
  • Re: (2010-09-05) NS-RFC: Semi OT: Usenet vs Facebook
    ... used one other newsreader for the last ten years. ... You download the headers of all subscribed newsgroups and mark articles ... You can also scroll down with the space bar. ... navigate through the thread tree by using your numeric keypad, ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Agent 4.0 Well Worth The $15
    ... I like Agent for downloading binaries - even Mac binaries - but it's the ... Not just the headers - the actual message bodies! ... Sorry, Mike, but all one has to do to download a body in Agent is to ... OFFLINE newsreader, depending on the choice of the user. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: OK, the books are now open/2711 spoiler
    ... I see that David is coming in with a bigfoot news ID so I ... > proper newsreader and a proper news server. ... > newsreader by lots of people, Turnpike and Agent by a lot of others with, I ... With a newsreader you can download ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: newsreader
    ... MT-Newswatcher is the classic online newsreader, ... alternatives are Halime and Unison, ... Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server ... Unlimited download ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)