Re: An example of what NOT to do

In article <1528558.qVoOGUtdWV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedEars@xxxxxx> wrote:

dorayme wrote:

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <PointedEars@xxxxxx> wrote:
Now that I have the time, here is a screenshot of that site from my Opera
browser:

<http://pointedears.de/tmp/taste.png>

Notice – the better picture quality aside – how different the words "of",
"we", "are", "a", "at", and "18th" look, and that the comma is where it
ought to be.

Great, it cannot easily and comfortably be read by many folk now
that the text is so sharp (through your mile thick microscopic
glasses perhaps, or your natural, damn you, more than perfect
vision)?

You are missing the point (quite literally).

How so? And how does one literally miss a *point*? Like when I
jabbed my thumb recently and got a palm thorn stuck in there (it
is looking and feeling much better now thank you very much).

By the way, your picture is nearly 100k greater than it needs to
be even given its size and colours. Try preparing in Fireworks
and export to png 8.

No, the image has more than 256 distinct colors to begin with. I have
stored it again with maximum compression (using The GIMP 2.6.11), but that
only slices off a few KiB.

When was the last time you were actually very humanly reasonable
and flexible and understanding?

Your picture was unnecessarily over 155K, compare it with the as
adequate for the usenet purpose of:

<http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/justPics/taste.png>

weighing in in the green corner at about 55K.

--
dorayme
.