Re: Considering writing a new gopher server

Aaron W. Hsu <arcfide@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I found the act of writing the server quite enjoyable, and I was amazed
at how fast it was up and working. :-)

One of the joys of Gopher is how trivial writing clients and servers for
it is. :)

--
Cameron Kaiser * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx * posting with a Commodore 128
personal page: http://www.cameronkaiser.com/

  • Re: Welcome to comp.infosystems.gopher
    ... gopher is a distributed information system. ... Things that users run to connect to gopher servers. ... closely in spirit to the original unix and mac gopher clients, ... The issues here are design, documentation and built-in help, bug fixes ...
    (comp.infosystems.gopher)
  • Welcome to comp.infosystems.gopher
    ... gopher is a distributed information system. ... Things that users run to connect to gopher servers. ... closely in spirit to the original unix and mac gopher clients, ... The issues here are design, documentation and built-in help, bug fixes ...
    (comp.infosystems.gopher)
  • Re: Gopherspace
    ... any Gopher servers with my A4000. ... Anthony Frost and installed it. ... Suppose I could install ArcWeb or Webster though ... BTW, in case you're in the need of servers, last year's April Fool from the ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.networking)
  • Re: gopherlib deprecated in 2.5
    ... servers are left on the net) ... My friend just wrote a standard compliant gopher server (pygopherd had ... a friendly, tiny, simple, standard protocol. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • gopherlib deprecated in 2.5
    ... servers are left on the net) ... My friend just wrote a standard compliant gopher server (pygopherd had ... So i don't really understand why would one remove it from python. ... a friendly, tiny, simple, standard protocol. ...
    (comp.lang.python)