Re: Project ideas?
- From: "IVB" <ivb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:10:31 GMT
Here's my home automation plan using CQC. All done for pennies on the dollar
- Whole House Audio/Video distribution, mzone/msource with HDTV in each area
- HVAC control
- drape control
- tablet PC/PDA controllable
- cameras [nannycam & front-door & external]
- Doorbell ring detector, so we can pause any audio/video and pull up a live
video of the front-door when it rings
- Caller id [so we can pause any audio/video and flash the info on screen,
or perhaps even do it based on the specific person calling in, or perhaps
even announce the caller over the speakers]
- Motion sensors, so we can do the above 2 based on what room we're in.
[i.e., only announce caller ID on the rooms that are in use]
- RFID & electric door strikes, so that we can press a button as we approach
house and door unlocks.
- SMS integration, so we can page the house as we're getting close to turn
up the heat/turn on exterior lights/...
Then we can move into the really cool stuff, like tying multiple events
above together so that when we leave the house, we just punch in a code on
the $250 touchpanel, it turns off all the audio/video, turns down heat,
turns on exterior lights, yada yada, and we just exit.
<clayton.curmi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
First of all I'm a newbie in this area! In two weeks time in need to
submit a project proposal. This is going to be the final year project
for the computer engineering course. I need to know if it is possible
to develop a home automation system that is controlled directly from a
pc. I intend to control lights, get a live feed from a camera and also
if it is possible to control an air condition. Can someone please help
me with some ideas and suggestions?
- Project ideas?
- From: clayton . curmi
- Project ideas?
- Prev by Date: Re: Project ideas?
- Next by Date: Re: Help for novices
- Previous by thread: Re: Project ideas?
- Next by thread: Equipment setup