Re: Help with Depth of Feild

J. A. Mc. wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 09:55:48 -0400, Ron Dunnington <rdunnington@xxxxxxxxxx>
found these unused words floating about:

I am using Photo Impact 10 and my camera is a Sony 5mega pixel. Now being as I am new to the digital photography and knowing that I can't adjust depth of field with the camera. What I would like to be able to do is create a blur in a part of a photo leaving the main object clear. I know it can be done but I don't seem to be able to find out how. Can anyone please help

Ron

What prevents you from 'adjusting' the depth of field in the camera?

In any graphics program, select the area to remain in focus, invert
selection, blu either with motion or without. Might also be able to graduate
the blur if your prgram offers the tool(s).

The camera has two aperture settings only, not enough for what I would like to do.
.