Re: Help with Depth of Feild

J. A. Mc. wrote:
On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 09:55:48 -0400, Ron Dunnington <rdunnington@xxxxxxxxxx>
found these unused words floating about:

I am using Photo Impact 10 and my camera is a Sony 5mega pixel. Now being as I am new to the digital photography and knowing that I can't adjust depth of field with the camera. What I would like to be able to do is create a blur in a part of a photo leaving the main object clear. I know it can be done but I don't seem to be able to find out how. Can anyone please help

Ron

What prevents you from 'adjusting' the depth of field in the camera?

In any graphics program, select the area to remain in focus, invert
selection, blu either with motion or without. Might also be able to graduate
the blur if your prgram offers the tool(s).

The camera has two aperture settings only, not enough for what I would like to do.

  • Re: San Francisco Sunset
    ... but this is baloney: ... Focus Magic uses advanced forensic strength deconvolution ... If I notice haze (or blur) from atmospheric effects that I really ... Visually analyze that camera shake, ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Depth of field difference between APS-C and full frame
    ... On a DX camera, the 50mm will always have the FOV of a 75mm lens ... to ask which objects in the background, at what distance. ... gets a little longer" and considering only the amount of blur in the ... than with a 35 to get the same final image size, and any blur circle will ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
  • Re: Theres more to it than how many megapixels...
    ... So then you're ALSO claiming that a slow shutter speed won't be blurred by motion? ... Irrelevant, since the buildings were sharp, which means that there wasn't any camera motion as the source of the blur in the foreground. ... taking the shot from the same distance, with one camera in full manual ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Out of focus photo
    ... then using a rather hefty algorithm to reconstruct a blurred image. ... Home page includes a link to some free experimental software that was used. ... I find Focusmagic pretty useful both with motion blur (including camera shake) and occasional oof shots. ... However, the correction can get fairly nasty when the blur is greater than 10pixels, and worse if the blur is not linear. ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)
  • Re: Out of focus photo
    ... The basic process consists of taking measurements of the camera properties, ... I find Focusmagic pretty useful both with motion blur (including camera ... faintly doubling the image. ... I've been experimenting with various ways to ...
    (alt.graphics.photoshop)