Video Studio 8 - Problem with audio panning

Hello.

I'm authoring a holiday video for a friend with Video Studio 8 and have a problem with the audio. In one szene there are some people talking in front of a small and noisy mountain river. I'm fading from one clip with talking people to the clip with the river and some seconds later fading to another clip with the people again. It is not possible to hear what these people say. So I have panned their talkings to the left and tried to pan the water completely to the right. But that didn't work. Then I divided the audio from that clip into a wav file, deleted the left part and put this wav into the music track. But is played in the middle and not at the right, but the file is.

How can I get this river sound to the right. I can't pan it while playing because it is impossible to do this from the start of the clip.

I've reduced it's volume to 50%, but that's not enough.

Hope somebody can help me and wish you all a nice weekend.

Marco

  • Re: MAGIX: More editing basics
    ... Why do I get these single frame gaps between clips? ... transition for clip B set to 'Cut ', if I drag B towards A it ... program intends to render the video & audio. ... clip audio and forward for the "B" clip audio. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: DVD fails, but MPG version OK
    ... preview it, and if the preview is good, encode it to .mpg. ... I have yet to see *how* to 'Add the AVI clip'. ... MoTV lost the audio. ... the start frame to 15068 and the end frame to 15730. ...
    (rec.video.desktop)
  • Re: DVD fails, but MPG version OK
    ... the start frame to 15068 and the end frame to 15730. ... Then add the MPG file again, this will create clip "3". ... XPress to encode the new audio to a DVD compatable format.} ... Standard input plug-in ...