Wacom Intuos 3 tablet driver restart without reboot - Windows XP

Hi,

I have been having trouble with my tablet driver 'stopping' after my
PC goes to sleep and wakes up again. Sometime after one sleep cycle,
sometimes after a couple...(symptom, the pen works like a mouse, not a
pen)

I found that rebooting my PC every time to get the driver to load was
a BIG pain, since normally bridge, photoshop and illustrator would
have to be shut down..and then restarted after the reboot.

Last night I think I found an easier solution. Instead of rebooting,
I went into services and stopped the wacom tablet service. I then
ctrl-alt-deleted and ended the wacom tablet exe process. I then went
back and restarted the service - and woohoo - the pen was working like
a pen again, minus the re-boot.

I wanted to share this, as I imaging there are others with this same
frustration.

-Beth Carey

  • Re: Wacom Intuos 3 tablet driver restart without reboot - Windows XP
    ... I have been having trouble with my tablet driver 'stopping' after my ... PC goes to sleep and wakes up again. ... I went into services and stopped the wacom tablet service. ... settings will correspond to the screen saver settings. ...
    (comp.graphics.apps.photoshop)
  • Re: Serious VAIO and Tablet Problems!
    ... I was given a new VAIO laptop after my HP ... and copied the tablet driver countless times, but I have no idea what to ... If that fails, boot to Safe Mode, and uninstall the tablet driver. ... Immediately invoke the WinXP compatibility mode for each application file as described in the first paragraph. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • re:Suse 9.1 & Wacom Tablet
    ... I also have problems with my Wacom tablet. ... configuration that had not worked before the online update. ... had the memory leak but I am convinced that it is the tablet driver. ... updated to newer kernel and xserver components since then using the ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Search cannot find SNIPPING TOOL, why?
    ... To be doubly sure, go to Control Panel, Uninstall a program, Turn Windows ... features on or off; then look at Tablet PC Components. ... If it *is* checked, try unchecking it, rebooting, rechecking it, and ... Have you switched off the Tablet PC feature of which it is part? ...
  • Re: "Connection Terminated" on Vista Ultimate Release and 360 Exte
    ... (Note to Adam Hill: Just go to the services manager ... stop the Tablet PC services, when you need to use the tablet, start them ... Might save you the problem of rebooting, havent tested this, as ... Will other 3rd party MCE apps like RSS Readers cause the same issues? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)