Re: adobe photoshop 5.0 rectangular Marquee tool dashes won't go away - done/stay/save?

"jobs" <jobs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
not a graphics/adobe guy.

This one will be obvious to anybody who is.

I'm working on a 800wx300h image.

inside of which I want an 800x300 rectangular image with linear
gradient background color, the rest if transparent with other images
on top. I create a new layer and use the Rectangular Marquee tool to
select the area before using the gradient tool to color it.. dumb
question is.. the Rectanguar tool continues to display the outline..
how do I save the save so that it's not waiting for me to do something
else? I'm sure my approach is wrong.

Thanks for any help or information.

Can you just deselect in the select menu?

  • Re: adobe photoshop 5.0 rectangular Marquee tool dashes wont go away - done/stay/save?
    ... gradient background color, the rest if transparent with other images ... I create a new layer and use the Rectangular Marquee tool to ... select the area before using the gradient tool to color it.. ...
    (comp.graphics.apps.photoshop)
  • numerical gradient
    ... I have a surface which defined on a grid zand i need to calculate ... the gradient of this surface zxand zy. ... In case of rectangular surface I can use central differences for points ... with 4 neighbors and forward and backward differences for the boundary ...
    (sci.math)
  • numerical gradient and boundaries
    ... I have a surface which defined on a grid zand i need to calculate ... the gradient of this surface zxand zy. ... In case of rectangular surface I can use central differences for points ... with 4 neighbors and forward and backward differences for the boundary ...
    (sci.math.num-analysis)
  • numerical gradient and boundaries
    ... I have a surface which defined on a grid zand i need to calculate ... the gradient of this surface zxand zy. ... In case of rectangular surface I can use central differences for points ... with 4 neighbors and forward and backward differences for the boundary ...
    (sci.math.num-analysis)
  • Re: -- partitioning a square into congruent rectangles
    ... If a cube is partitioned into finitely many congruent rectangular ... solids, must the pairwise ratios of the dimensions of the rectangular ... viewing real numbers as vector space over Q, the rationals, ... this decomposition is unique when a, b, c linear independent ...
    (sci.math)